The following information was taken from incident reports filed by officers at UCAPD. The reports are made available by university police after they are approved by a supervisor. That process takes a few days, which delays our report. This is a complete report of incidents filed for November 3-5.
- Student Jessica Miller, 18, reported at about 3:14 a.m. in Conway Hall that she was suffering from flu-like symptoms. Miller was shaking, sweating and had a headache. Miller was transported to Conway Regional Medical Center.
- Student Dominic Trotter, 19, was arrested after lying to his police about his name. At about 12:40 a.m., an officer approached Trotter’s car because it was blocking four vehicles from being able to exit the parking lot east of the physical plant. Trotter initially gave the name Dominique Lewis, then Dominique Trotter. After police weren’t able to verify his identity, Trotter admitted his true name, saying he lied because he had a warrant out of Texas. Trotter said because the officer had misspelled his name earlier, he thought he would “just go with it.” Trotter was arrested for Obstructing Governmental Operations.
- Student Kaelyn Williams, 18, reported that her Nike pants were stolen from a Carmichael Hall laundry room. Williams said she left some clothes in a dryer in the third floor west laundry room, returned at 10 a.m., and the Nike pants with zippered cuffs were missing.
- A juvenile student reported at about 10:28 a.m. her car had been involved in a hit-and-run west of Reynolds. The student parked at 9 a.m. to go to class, came back at 9:50 a.m., and noticed her passenger side rear quarter panel was damaged. The damage is estimated at $50.
- Student Bailey Williams, 19, was issued citations for drug and alcohol violations at about 7:18 p.m. after an officer pulled him over for playing his car’s music too loud. The officer was about 60 yards from Williams and could hear the music, and while approaching him, noticed Williams wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Williams was pulled over by the student center, and upon approach the officer smelled marijuana inside the vehicle. Williams said one of his friends left weed in his car, and said he doesn’t smoke marijuana. The car contained a joint, a small bag of marijuana, a bottle of Ciroc coconut vodka and an Umarex pistol BB gun. Williams was cited for the marijuana and alcohol, and for the noise violation.
- Student Johnathan Davis, 19, was arrested for possession of marijuana at about 8:17 p.m. after an officer pulled him over on Marion Ross Drive for spinning his tires for about three seconds. The officer smelled marijuana while talking to Davis, and after a pat-down discovered Davis had a pill bottle with a bag about 2.5 grams of marijuana. A search of the vehicle revealed a joint in the center console, a Days Powerline BB pistol and a 12.5-inch kitchen butcher knife in a backpack in the backseat. The knife was the only thing in the backpack. Davis said he uses the BB pistol to shoot at squirrels after hunting, and that he forgot his knife was in the truck because he doesn’t use that backpack. Davis was arrested for possession of marijuana.