The following information was taken from incident reports filed by officers at UCAPD. The reports are made available by university police after they are approved by a supervisor. That process takes a few days, which delays our report. This is a complete report of incidents filed for Oct. 24-26.
- Student Ariel Alexander, 19, and student Johnathan Mablin, 20, both of Conway, were involved in a car accident in the parking lot at New Hall about 8:50 p.m. Mablin told police he was parked in a handicap parking spot while waiting for someone inside New Hall and hit Alexander’s car when he backed out of the spot. Police estimated damage to Alexander’s 2012 Nissan Altima at $250. There was no noticeable damage to Mablin’s 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix.
- Student Matthew Scott Clevenger, 21, of Texarkana, Texas, reported at 12:39 p.m. that his 2011 Nissan Altima was damaged while parked in the north overflow parking lot. Police said the mirror on the driver’s side of the car was damaged.
- Student Paige Thompson, 22, of Conway, reported about 2:08 p.m. that her 2011 Jeep Compass was damaged while parked in the lot on Robins Street. Police estimated the damage, which included bright yellow paint on the rear bumper, at $250.
- Three 19-year-old students from El Dorado – Ashanti Raishunda Brown, Quaneshia Nicole Barnes and Vincent Archillieus Pierce – were issued Judicial Board citations for smoking marijuana in a Stadium Park apartment about 10:09 p.m. Police found the students and nonstudents Courtney Jacole Boone, 19, Wendall Deangelo Thompson, 20, Corey Emigh Parker, 19, Xavier Quamonne Thrower, 19, and Deaunte Lionel Broadnax, 19, all from El Dorado, in the apartment with the door open. The students surrendered a small bag of marijuana and one joint to the officers. Barnes assisted the police in flushing the marijuana down the toilet. The five nonstudents were banned from campus.
- An 18-year-old student reported about 11:29 p.m. that she was receiving harassing phone calls and text messages from a woman in Benton she did not know. The woman told the student that she would “blow her brains out.” Police traced the call and the woman who owns the phone told officers the calls were a “joke” and that the caller “thought it would be funny” to threaten the student. The student declined to file charges against the caller.
- Student Arturo Moraga, 18, of Conway, was arrested and taken to jail for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and being a minor in possession of alcohol after police found him with marijuana, a grinder, beer, rum and tequilla about 11:31 p.m. Student Dillon Lee Reesnes, 18, and Ouachita Baptist University student James Webb Keith, 18, were both given citations and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. Police said they saw a 2008 Chevrolet Impala parked illegally with its emergency flashers on the north side of Conway Hall and found a “blunt” inside the car. Officers hid and waited on the student to return to the car.