The following information was taken from incident reports at UCAPD. Incident reports are filed daily by officers to document and describe each call they answer during their shifts. These reports are made available by university police after they are approved by a supervisor. That process takes a day or two, which delays our report a day or two. This is a report of incidents filed for September 19 and 20.
- Student Eden Blakley, 19, of Kensett, reported at 9:18 a.m. that approximately $240 was stolen from her handbag. The bag was inside her Bear Village apartment at the time. There was no evidence of forced entry.
- Student Stephanie Schneider, 19, of Cabot, called police at 1:45 p.m. to report that she had backed into a car in the parking lot of Bear Village Apartments. Police were unable to contact the owner of the car Schneider hit. Police estimated damage to Schneider’s Honda Civic at $500 and damage to the other car, a Honda Accord, at $200. Schneider was given a warning citation.
- Student Donald Davis, 18, of Jonesboro, reported at 2:45 p.m. that his Honda Civic had been damaged by someone who scratched the paint with a key while the car was parked in the lot west of the Physical Plant from Sept. 12-19. There were three deep scratches on the passenger-side back door. Police estimated the damage at $400.
- Students Brandi Cauthen, 31, of Conway, and Austin Jones, 19, of Maumelle, were involved in an automobile accident in the parking lot north of the Farris Center at 9:45 a.m. Cauthen said she was sitting in her white 2009 Nissan Armada waiting to go to class when Jones in his red 2008 GMC Sierra hit the right rear bumper of her car while pulling into the parking spot beside her. Jones confirmed the story and said his left front tire caused damage to Cauthen’s bumper. Police estimated damage to Cauthen’s car at $250.
- Students Pamela Laird, 39, and Ashton Morris, 19, both of Conway, were involved in an automobile accident on the drive in front of Main Hall. Laird said she was backing out of a parking spot in her silver 2001 Chevrolet pickup truck and hit Morris’ silver 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse as Morris was driving by. Police estimated damage to Laird’s truck at $100 and damage to Morris’ car at $250.