College tuition has skyrocketed over the past few decades, with the average cost for a single year sitting at around $27,000. Because of this expensive tuition, it is vital that college students look for ways to spend modestly in other areas. One money-saving option for college students is searching for affordable vehicles. Here are seven affordable cars for college students.
1. Toyota Camry
A consistently popular automobile, the Toyota Camry is a reliable, safe, and affordable option. A few of the strengths of the Camry include:
- Affordability: Gently used Camry’s can often be found at great prices.
- Dependability: Camry’s are known to be durable vehicles, that withstand the test of time.
- Gas Mileage: The Camry gets up to 41 miles per gallon highway.
As with all the vehicles on this list, make it a priority to check the vehicle’s histry on www.carvertical.com/car-history-check.
2. Kia Rio
Another spectacular automotive option for college students is the Kia Rio. This compact car is a great choice for several reasons.
- Warranty: All Kia vehicles come with a 100,000-mile warranty.
- Gas Mileage: This Kia model possesses excellent gas mileage, coming in at 37 miles per gallon on the highway.
- Safety: Maintains excellent safety features, despite being a smaller car.
3. Toyota Prius
Claiming the next spot on our list, the Toyota Prius is an excellent all-around vehicle for any college student. Here is what to expect when buying a Prius:
- Gas Mileage: Truly some of the best in the industry, with up to 58 miles per gallon on the highway.
- Spacious: This vehicle is one of the more spacious cars on the list, offering plenty of room for up to five people.
- Price: Terrific price for the value and durability of the car.
4. Honda Civic
The Honda Civic is an excellent model, perfectly designed for you as a college student. Here are a few perks of this vehicle:
- Safety and Technology: This vehicle is equipped with the latest safety features and technology to make your ride safe and smooth.
- Inside Space: Boasts plenty of interior room, ideal for storing groceries, textbooks, or whatever else you need it for.
- Dependability: Honda vehicles are known to last, and the Civic is no exception.
5. Honda CR-V
One of the more common vehicles on the road, the Honda CR-V is a trusted automobile. Some of the things you should expect out of a CR-V include:
- Quality: Excellent quality and design, meaning every ride feels like you’re in a luxury vehicle.
- Gas Mileage: For the size of the car, the CR-V boasts solid gas mileage at 34 miles per gallon highway.
- Safety: Each new edition of the CR-V is equipped with state of the art safety features to keep you and your cargo protected.
6. Ford Fiesta
A smaller vehicle that has gained significant popularity recently is the Ford Fiesta. Here’s what to expect if you decide to purchase a Ford Fiesta:
- Control: The Ford Fiesta possesses excellent steering and control. Combined with its small size, this vehicle is extremely maneuverable.
- Price: One of the main draws of the Ford Fiesta is its price tag. Brand new cars have an MSRP of around $14,000.
- Gas Mileage: The Fiesta is another excellent vehicle for gas mileage, earning 37 miles per gallon highway.
7. Kia Forte
Last but not least, the Kia Forte is an excellent option for college students. Here’s why:
- Price: Boasts an excellent starting price, particularly for a sedan.
- Reliable: The Kia Forte was built with durability in mind, as these vehicles regularly last hundreds of thousands of miles.
- Safety: The Kia Forte possesses excellent safety features, most of which come standard in their regular models.
Hopefully, this list has given you some valuable insight into the best affordable vehicles for typical college students. If you’re a college student searching for a reliable vehicle, use this list to find the vehicle right for you.