For essay writers, there is nothing more stressful than a time crunch; however, deadlines are sometimes crucial for providing the necessary motivation to complete an assignment. To help you expedite the academic affair, here are five tips for an extra speedy completion:
1. Construct an Outline Containing Essential Details
Structure is integral for accomplishing just about anything, and this is especially true when it comes to crafting a well-written composition. Once you have established the key points and placed them in a logical order, all that remains is an expansion of your arguments.
You may find the details mostly take care of themselves once you put down the gist of your perspective.
Here are some tips for constructing a helpful template:
- Start with basic knowledge first, then introduce more complex ideas gradually.
- Emphasize a chronological arrangement for reporting events and developments.
- Rely on facts for bullet points and fill in the opinions later.
- Jot down incomplete sentences to remind yourself of the intended direction.
- Add more relevant concepts than necessary and whittle it down afterwards.
2. Add Your Sources First and Build Around Citations
When defending your perspective, it is imperative that you provide reputable references. Unfortunately, one of the biggest mistakes that writers consistently make is their tendency to wait until the end before adding sources.
Citations are often treated like a last-minute addendum to pad the written material, but this plan of attack can easily backfire. For example, you might struggle to find a publication that can ably defend your point of view.
In contrast, you will save a lot of time if you base your perspective on established facts and consensus opinions.
3. Don’t Pause to Edit in the Middle of Writing
While minor grammatical errors and misspellings may demand attention, it is wise to ignore them until you get all of your ideas on the page. If you keep stopping to fix small mistakes, you run the risk of losing your train of thought.
To maintain an organized flow and consistent tone, it is important to avoid interrupting your stream of consciousness. When compared to writing, the act of revision requires a completely different set of mental faculties, so it can be an unnecessarily tiring ordeal to switch back-and-forth between the two tasks.
Resist the temptation to correct any errors that are unrelated to the content itself. Factual inaccuracies should still be removed promptly, primarily because they can generate incorrect extrapolations that mandate removal after the fact.
4. Preemptively Act Like Your Time is Running Out
One amazing technique that can expedite the creative process is mentally fabricating a deadline that doesn’t truly exist. By instilling a sense of urgency ahead of time, you can manifest the motivation to get your work done quickly without having to race the clock for real. Sometimes, the only way to beat procrastination is by following a strict timetable, so why not follow your own calendar instead of being at the mercy of someone else’s expectations?
By giving yourself a due date that comes way before the actual endpoint, you can be done before anyone else has even started. This strategy shall put you in position to relax while everyone else is panicking about their time shortage.
5. Get Assistance from a Third Party
Most people are unaware of how much help is available in the realm of academia. There are countless avenues for boosting productivity as a writer. Here are just a few ways to enhance the writing process:
- Meet with a tutor who can help you hone your linguistic skills.
- Consult with an editor to ensure a proper presentation that is free of errors.
- Hire a content creator who is willing to sell the rights for cheap custom writing.
- Submit your documents for a collaborative peer review.
Thanks to the aforementioned tactics, essay writing will no longer consume hours of your time. If you are dedicating an exorbitant amount of energy to your compositions, then it really is time to work smarter and not harder.
As a bonus, you will have an abundance of free time while your counterparts are still grinding away at their work the old-fashioned way.